Maintain Bone Health, Repair Loose or Broken Dentures, Replace Missing or Broken Teeth, and More
WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Implants take the place of a tooth, including the roots. With implants, replacing a tooth is better than ever before. Previously, the only treatment options for missing teeth were dentures and bridges.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Implants maintain the health of the jaw, creating a longer-lasting and more healthy replacement of a missing tooth.
HOW SUCCESSFUL ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Success rates of dental implants vary, depending on where in the jaw the implants are placed but, in general, dental implants have a success rate of up to 98%. With proper care (see below), implants can last a lifetime. (See more facts about Dental Implants)
CAN ANYONE GET DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Implants are available for anyone with a healthy jawbone and gums and who are cleared for surgery by their doctor. Contact Shemen Dental to find out if implants are right for you.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN GETTING DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Each procedure is customized to the person involved. We’ll make a plan that fits your needs. Here are the typical steps of an implant:
- A small titanium post is secured into the bone in place of the tooth root.
- As the jawbone heals, the titanium and jawbone grow together to create a long-lasting and natural connection.
- The healing process typically takes 8-12 weeks.
- Once healed, another small post is connected to the implant. This is called an Abutment.
- The doctors at Shemen Dental will make an impression of your teeth.
- A crown a created with CEREC, an incredible machine that forms teeth perfectly from your custom impression.
- The Shemen Dentist will match the color, and translucency of your new implant and crown to the existing teeth.
HOW PAINFUL ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Most Shemen Dental patients would say there is little to no discomfort when getting a new implant. Local anesthesia is often all that is needed to keep you comfortable.
HOW TO MAINTAIN DENTAL IMPLANTS
Dental implants require the same maintenance as normal teeth. We recommend twice-daily brushing, regular flossing, rinsing with an antibacterial mouthwash and regular dental check-ups.
More Videos About Dental Implants
"The staff at Shemen Dental Group treat you like part of the family. Every visit has been positive, and everyone goes out of their way to make you feel valued and comfortable."Randy D.